These flapjacks are one of my favourite things to make a batch of as they are a perfect “grab-and-go” breakfast option or make a great snack after a workout or just as a mid-afternoon nibble. Once they are set, I wrap each bar individually in grease-proof paper before storing them in the fridge so they are super easy to take with me if I need to.
Raw banana and seed flapjacks
Gluten-free / Dairy-free / Vegan / Raw / Refined sugar-free
Time: 10-mins to prep + overnight to set
Ingredients – makes 8-10 bars
- 100g mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, chia, sesame)
- 200g gluten-free oats – jumbo whole oats work best and are most nutritious
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 100g dates
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Add all ingredients except the seeds and oats into a food processor or blender. Pulse together to form a fruity puree.
- Put oats and seeds into a large mixing bowl – add fruit puree and mix well.
- Line a baking tin with grease-proof paper and tightly pack the mixture into the tin.
- Put into the freezer overnight to set.
- Slice into bars once set and wrap individually in greaseproof paper.