These make a great gift or are the perfect thing to have in the fridge for a post-dinner sweet treat and far healthier than most chocolate selection boxes. Made with no added sugar or sweeteners these are 100% natural, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan, really easy to make and most importantly taste delicious! This recipe uses almonds and pecans but can be made with any nut of your choice / what you have in the cupboard or the nuts can be replaced with oats if you want to make it nut-free.
I’ve used vanilla in this recipe but you could swap this for orange, cinnamon, mint or any other flavouring of your choice.
You do need a food processor or blender for this recipe.
Vanilla Chocolate Truffles
Dietary: Gluten-free / Dairy-free / Vegan
Makes about 18 truffles
- 100g dates – I use Medjool dates but you can use any dates, just soak in warm water first.
- 50g almonds
- 50g pecans
- 2 tbsp cacao powder plus extra for dusting (if you can’t source cacao powder buy cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract – option replace for another flavouring of your choice
- Add the nuts into a food processor or high power blender, blend into a fine crumb-like texture – the finer the better.
- Next, add the cacao powder and pulse to combine.
- Finally, add the dates and vanilla extract and blend into a dough – this may take a few minutes.
- Roll the dough into small balls and roll in the excess cacao powder. You could also roll these in desiccated coconut or more chopped nuts as an alternative coating.
- Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes before serving. Store in the fridge until ready to eat.