A really easy comforting dinner recipe. If you’re not keen on beans this could be replaced with any meat or tofu – adjust cooking time as necessary.
This can be served on it’s own or with quinoa, rice, flat breads or even extra steamed green vegetables if you’re feeling very healthy.
Ingredients – serves 4
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- About 700g sweet potatoes (about 4 small or 2 medium potatoes), peeled and diced into chunks about 1cm square
- 400g black beans (or alternative)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 150g fresh kale, diced and large stalks removed
- Sides of your choice e.g. quinoa, rice, flatbreads or green veg
- Add the oil to a large pan and heat, add the onions and soften for 3-4 mins, add the crushed garlic, paprika and cook for a further minute.
- Add the stock, soy/tamari, tomato puree and mix well, add the sweet potatoes, bring to boil, reduce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and kale and cook for a further 5-8 mins until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you do try this recipe please let me know what you think and tag me in any photos @eat_breathe_believe